PUBLIC OPEN RECORDS REQUEST
The City of Garden City is bound by the Georgia Open Records Act to make public records available to anyone who makes a request.
REQUEST RECORDS ONLINE-
1. Public Safety Open Records Request:
- To make a public safety public records request please email FireRescue@gardencity-ga.gov.
- To request a copy of an accident or incident please email the Police Department records clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. General/Non-Public Safety Records Request:
- To make non-public safety, general public records requests online, use our City-wide Open Records Request form (PLEASE NOTE: the City does not maintain birth or death records or marriage and divorce records. Please contact Chatham County for that information.)
Garden City is dedicated to complying with the Georgia Open Records Act. In order to provide you with responsive records in as efficient and economical a fashion as possible, we request that you complete this written request for records.
Precise identification of the records you seek will help us get the records to you as quickly as possible and for the least cost.
Under the Georgia Open Records Act § 50.18.70 et seq. , by signing and submitting this request, you understand and agree to pay any copying and/or administrative costs incurred in fulfilling my requests to the extent permitted by Georgia law up to $25.00. For requests incurring costs over $25.00, I will be notified prior to completion of the request. Such costs may include copying charges of $.10 per page and administrative charges for search, retrieval, redaction, and other direct costs (such administrative charges not to exceed the salary of the lowest paid full‐time employee who, in the discretion of the custodian of the records, has the necessary skill and training to perform the request). The requestor will not be charged for the first fifteen minutes of time.
By signing and submitting this request, you also acknowledge your understanding that this request, once submitted, is a public record and may be posted online as described at the top of this form. Your submission may be made available in its entirety to the public by request as well. Your contact information will allow us to provide you with an estimate of the cost to retrieve and prepare the records.
PLEASE NOTE: To make a public safety public records request please email FireRescue@gardencity-ga.gov.