Garden City Parks & Recreation Department provides diverse year-round recreational opportunities through the preservation of open space, park settings, recreational facilities and programs for the citizens of Garden City while enhancing the overall quality of life in Garden City.
We provide youth opportunities in all seasons of the year and for the majority of age groups by facilitating various activities that include athletic teams in Youth Baseball, Girls Fast Pitch Softball, T-Ball, Football, Cheerleading, Soccer and Basketball. Our department works to develop positive environments with an emphasis on fun within a structured sports program.
The Parks & Recreation Department also implements non-team sports opportunities by offering additional activities in roller skating, summer day camp, swimming instruction and public swimming, after school programs and senior citizen programs.
The City of Garden City Parks and Recreation Department provides the opportunity for members of our community to donate to our parks and recreation system.
Donations to support the City's programs will happily be accepted in the following categories:
• CHILDREN’S CAMP SPONSORSHIP: Donations for sponsoring a child to attend one or more weeks of the City’s Camp Eagle program is greatly appreciated.
• LIVING LEGACY TREE DONATIONS: Living memorial donations will be accepted in the form of tree plantings in City parks.
• STEWARDSHIP BENCH DONATIONS: Stewardship bench donations will be considered within the City park system.
• GENERAL DONATIONS: Donations for general park and recreation purposes are accepted and encouraged.
• STATUES, FOUNTAINS, PLAZAS, GARDENS, ETC.: Donations of statues, fountains, plazas, gardens, etc. may be accepted under specific circumstances. The Department will determine placement of all such memorials.
• PARK NAMING OPPORTUNITIES: Naming of a park as a memorial may be submitted under the Parks and
Recreation Department's Park Naming Policy.
Please see the attached information packet for more details of the various sponsorship opportunities within Garden City. Sponsorship Package
Thank you for considering the Parks and Recreation Department for your donation.
We look forward to working with you.
The Garden City Parks & Recreation Administrative Office is located at:
160B Priscilla D. Thomas Way
Garden City GA. 31408
(912) 966-7788 Fax (912) 966-7775
- Director: Clifford M. Ducey
- Program Coordinator: Matthew Mitchell Jr.
- Administrative Assistant: Pam Clisbee
- Maintenance Supervisor: Hiram Hernandez
- Sr. Center Director: Judy Roundtree
Bazemore Park Baseball Complex
Bazemore Park, located at 1 Bud Brown Drive, is home to 6 well-maintained lighted Baseball fields used for baseball and softball leagues and tournaments for all ages from T-ball to Adults.
Lighted Tennis Courts
We Have 2 Lighted tennis courts Located at 78 Varnedoe Avenue next door to our Senior Citizen Center. The tennis courts are free for Garden City residents of all ages.
Garden City Recreation Center
Located at 160B Priscilla D. Thomas Way and hosts the Recreation Administrative Office, Basketball Gym, Swimming Pool, Football/Soccer Stadium and Playground. The Recreation Center facilities are also available on a rental basis for special events.
A calendar for upcoming activities at the Rec Center can be selected here: Rec April 2018
Call us for more info!
The Cooper Center
The Cooper Center is located at 700 Davis Avenue.
"Our Youth First" Program was founded on the belief that prevention is the building block for sponsoring quality youth recreation, cultural and educational opportunities. The Cooper Center "Our Youth First" is committed to providing year-round outreach to at-risk kids through quality of life programs and special events, all in a safe, nondiscriminatory environment.
The Cooper Center is open year round. During the school year the cooper center is open as an after school care program for ages 6-12. During the Summer months the Cooper Center is open weekdays 12 noon - 5pm. For more information, contact 912-965-9319.
Senior Citizen Center
Located at 78 Varnedoe Avenue.
Hours of operation Monday - Friday from 7am - 5pm.
Check Out the Senior Center's Lunch Calendar and List of Events here: April 2018 Senior Center Calendars
Sharon Community Park
Sharon Park is located at 507 Sharon Park Drive.
Sharon Park has two playgrounds and a fully stock pond with a 1/3rd mile fitness trail around it. For Pavilion and Picnic Shelter Reservations Call 912-966-7788
Griffin Park is a neighborhood playground park located on Griffin Road.
Volunteer Park is located on Highway 21 just in front of Bazemore Park and is dedicated in honor of the volunteer’s of Garden City.
- Fall Sports Registration
- Baseball, Softball and T-ball Registration Form
- Gymnastics Registration
- Volunteer Application
- Swimming Lesson Registration Form