Rhonda Ferrell-Bowles has been employed with the City of Garden City since April 1993. In August of 1998, Rhonda was appointed Clerk of Council.
Clerk of Council Role and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Clerk of Council of the City of Garden City include the following:
- Provides administrative, technical, public relations and organizational support to the Mayor and Council.
- Provides professional administrative support to the City Manager and assists in planning, directing, and managing the affairs of the City.
- Maintains all official documents of the City including records, minutes, contracts, and easements.
- Assists in the preparation of ordinances and resolutions.
- Oversees the compilation of agenda packets and accomplishes a variety of routine and complex supervisory, clerical and administrative work in the administration of City government.
- Serves as custodian of the City Seal.
- The City elections are held every two years with staggered four year terms. The Clerk of Council qualifies all candidates.
- Citizens can petition City Council through the Clerk of Council.