The next municipal election for the City of Garden City will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019, to elect Mayor At-Large (currently held by Don Bethune) and three (3) members of City Council; District 2 (currently held by Debbie Ruiz), District 3 (currently held by Bruce Campbell), and District 4 (currently held by Rosetta Cody).
Qualifying Dates & Fees
Qualifying for the 2019 Municipal Election will begin on Monday, August 19, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. and conclude on Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. in the office of the Clerk of Council at Garden City City Hall, 100 Central Avenue. The qualifying fee for Mayor is $180 and City Council Member is $108. The qualifying fee shall be paid to the Municipal Clerk (Qualifying Officer) at the time the Notice of Candidacy Affidavit is filed by the candidate at the time of qualifying. Qualifying fees can be paid by check, money order or cash.
For more candidate and voter information, please visit the Georgia Secretary of State website at www.sos.ga.gov.
If you are interested in becoming a candidate, please click on the Municipal Election 2019 Candidate Information Document link here or below as well as complete each individual document below for submittal.
- Municipal Election 2019 (Document)
- Form NOCA (Notice of Candidacy Affidavit)
- Form DOI (Declaration of Intention to Accept Campaign Contributions)
- Form RC (Registration Form For a Candidate’s Campaign Committee)
- Form CFC-PIN-APP (Electronic Filing Access Code Application)
- Form CAOE (Candidate Affidavit of Exemption)
- Form CCDR (Campaign Contribution Disclosure Report)
- Form TBD (Two Business Day Report)
- Form PFD (Personal Financial Disclosure Statement)